InstallerGen is a small application for generating basic installer scripts for use with Commodore's original Installer tool. It takes a lot of the mundane coding out of the equation using a nice MUI window to arrange the steps the installer should take. Files can be added individually, or in bulk, and sanity checks will be carried out to warn you of some potential issues. As it's only simple however, it can't replace the more powerful features of the Installer language, but it can save you a lot of the legwork!
InstallerGen supports most of the common installer script features including:
- Welcome message and individual message pages
- Bulk copy files
- Copying files with version check
- If/Else branching
- Check marks and radio buttons
- Inline help text
- Version, Exists, Rename and Delete file operations
- Tackon string handling with constants and/or variables
- Default and minimum user level with manual override possible on individual steps
InstallerGen is fully localised and comes with French and German catalogs.