So anyone got any serious experience with using Emperor the GUI builder tool?
1. I can't get my head around the horizontal and vertical layout structure.
This isn't helped by the fact that the objects aren't being resized correctly anyway (broken), see image below taken after following Example 2 in the Guide. Nothing like it should look like.
2. You can't move a whole branch of gadgets you have to move them individual which is impractical.
3. The preview button.. why not a preview window that updates as you manipulate the structure?
4. Impossible to click through Tabs in the preview window, making the experience of visualing the interface next-to impossible due to all of the above.
5. I can't get Emperor off the public screen and toggling the options results in opening Windows at complete random on the public screen or the Workbench!
Looks a really powerful little application, but atm I cannot recommend it to anyone it has some serious flaws and short-comings - especially under 4.1 update 2.
Roll on AVD!